[Diy_efi] Re: GM ecotec

- titkoscim at maffia.hu
Fri Dec 3 23:34:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

you can also use bigger injectors, however, unless there's fuel outrun, you shouldn't do this for a competition :)
you can mess around with the ECU and re-write injecting tables as well, but this takes experience, computing, and well, a lotta time

anyway, I'd be interested also in what kind of pulse do the the injectors in a car get. I want to build an injector testing/cleaning facility so I can test/clean my ones at home, without the need of having them cleaned in a shop for big $ and maybe finding malfunctioning ones. I gotta test 10 of them right now, and the price of this should be already nmore than enough to build my own tool (A/C and pressure regulator, if necessary, alredy provided)

tom

---

Hello,

> I'm a 10th grader doing a project for an engineering competition, and I

need some advice on how to modify the GM Ecotec engine's fuel system to
acomodate ethanol fuel. I am have been told that increasing the pulse-width
on the injectors will result in the increased flow that is necessary for an
stoichiometric ethanol combustion. Are there others ways of acomplishing
increased fuel flow? And what are some software programs that would allow
modifications to be made to the fuel system. Any advice or suggestions in
this area would be extremely helpful because I am new to all of this. Thank
you,