[Diy_efi] Re: diy_efi Digest, Vol 15, Issue 5

dh at busb.com dh at busb.com
Sun Dec 5 21:32:20 GMT 2004

Cadillac has used the pulse width for years and it is extremely accurate.
More than any flow meter I've seen except the stopwatch- bucket method.
When the tank is filled the device can reset itself and will measure fuel
used to .01% with clean injectors and a steady fuel pump.

The trick of their algorithm is a method of fudge factor for each pulse to
account for pintle latency.  i.e. a 1 millisecond pulse doesn't open the
pintle for 1 millisecond.

dh