[Diy_efi] RE: 94 fuel pressure

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Wed Dec 22 04:46:00 GMT 2004

IIRC, all GM TPI/MPFI systems run at 43.5 PSI (3 bar or thereabouts?) Fords
run at something lower, ~39? PSI.
If I understand the question correctly, what you're looking for is a
high-pressure inline fuel pump. The application you are probably looking for
is an 89-93 Ford F150 (Delco EP286.) At 12 volts, operating pressure is
70-95 PSI with 36-40 gals per hour. The biggest Delco pump is the EP424,
which is 75-90 PSI at 40 gals per hour. With these you'd probably have to
upgrade your return line.
I can't remember what application was for the Ford CFI lower pressure
external pump, but 80s Thunderbird sticks in my head.
HTH,
Chris