[Diy_efi] chip P/N

- titkoscim at maffia.hu
Sun Dec 26 03:53:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've just opened up my 7A ECU and want to identify the chips in it.
which (preferably online) directory should I use? all chips are hitachi
as I see, maybe exept for the eprom (eeprom?)
the eprom containing the data should be the one which has a sticker
covering a hole, am I right? so I have to put that in a bank if I want
to mess around. and, what type of eprom will I need to replace it?
there are
"OD1 SJ/HD63140PS/A00 Japan" (*2)
"OC1 J/HD63b03yp/Japan"
and that eprom "27C256A-20-XGT/9007 G27/12.5V PGM"
so, where can I look up what's what ? :) is there a catalogue for these,
or is there a naming convention I can find things out of?
I'd prefer to get the source of the data instead of sudden answers, so I
can learn :)

on the other hand, is there a DIY project to replace the eprom with a
kind of connector which I can hook up to a PC (or PDA or anything) and
modify it's content on the fly? so I don't have to
burn-install-test-erase-goto 1 all the time :) I know that with OBD2 I
could do exactly this but I still want to avoid it.

tia,
tom