[Diy_efi] 4L60E won't shift

Thirty5 at aol.com Thirty5 at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 14:20:29 GMT 2004

--===============43537712248786797==

-------------------------------1076681655

Hello All,
Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  I am approaching the
point where I could take my  70 Jag with the installed 350 TBI 4L60E from a 93
Chevy van on the road if I could get it to shift.  I am missing at least one
component from the original wiring harness, which I believe to be the VSS Buffer
or DRAC(?).  The PCM is labeled as 16168625 or alternatively 16186785.  The
missing item ought to be connected to a 4 pin connector: the VSS through the
twisted pair, dark blue wire to the PCM and a larger red wire to the power buss.
 Can anybody help me with the part number,  a wiring diagram for the
PCM/engine/trans or the pinouts for the pcm.  All I'm coming up with ffrom the
archives is something close but nothing diffinative.
Thanks Mark

-------------------------------1076681655

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV>Hello All,</DIV>
<DIV>Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; I am approac=
hing the point where I could take my&nbsp; 70 Jag with the installed 350 TBI=
 4L60E from a 93 Chevy van on the road if I could get it to shift.&nbsp; I a=
m missing at least one component from the original wiring harness, which I b=
elieve to be the VSS Buffer or DRAC(?).&nbsp; The PCM is labeled as 16168625=
 or alternatively 16186785.&nbsp; The missing item&nbsp;ought to be connecte=
d to a&nbsp;4 pin connector:&nbsp;the VSS through the twisted pair, dark blu=
e wire to the PCM and a larger red wire to the power buss.&nbsp; Can anybody=
 help me with&nbsp;the part number,&nbsp; a wiring diagram for the PCM/engin=
e/trans or the pinouts for the pcm.&nbsp; All I'm coming up with ffrom the a=
rchives is something close but nothing diffinative.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks Mark&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>