[Diy_efi] More newbie questions: EPROM codes & more

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Tue Feb 17 04:30:11 GMT 2004

So, the other day I bought a "reconditioned" 7730 ECM.  At least that's what
it says it is, it's painted black, and the original factory sticker is
covered by the reman's sticker.  At least 3 versions of numbers that all end
in 7730 are the clues for me.  Anyway, I open it up, and it's complete,
including the PROM.  This is good, I think, even though I think this
particular ECM is the one I'm going to experiment with Prominator
hardware/software with.  Before I dig too deep, I'd like to find out what
the particular codes on the PROM are, and what some scribbles inside the
case are.  Here they are:

On PROM:
"AAUX"
"5163"

Hand-written on some sort of label inside the case:
"WR: DATE 4/20/92"
"RCR: V1.2.13"

I'm guessing that's a "V", but it could be a "U".  Makes sense as a "V" to
me, though.

Is there a resource on the web that explains all this stuff?  I downloaded
the archives on DIY-EFI the other day and I'm piling through them, but
haven't searched for the right terms yet, I guess.

Thanks,
Clair
7730+1969 Valiant
FTWTX