[Diy_efi] wishlist closing

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Thu Jan 15 12:08:27 GMT 2004

Hi Alexei,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexei Pavlov" <alexis.pavlov at st.com>
> Very impressive peripherals list.

We believe so too :-)
In the meantime there were lowpass-filtered differential input amplifiers
(going to ADC channels, usable as more EGT channels, for example)
and onboard flash added (eg. for logging).

> I've tried to find schematics of WBO or other peripherals on the
> MSAVR site but did not succeed. Is there any place where they are
> presented or will they only be published when everything will be
> finished ?

It's available from the development page:
http://www.squirrelpf.com/msavr/index.php?page=HardwarePage%2FUnderDevelopme
nt

more exactly this link:
http://www.squirrelpf.com/msavr/files
latest genboardv30....
The zip contains the eagle files.

have fun,
  Marcell

> [...]
> > nt
> > is in the final stage. There is some more space onboard (great we have 2
> > sides,
> > but the professional Econoseal-III connector steals much space) which we
can
> > fill, maybe you have wishes. The switching flyback (that can also supply
> > voltage for
> > ionsense) or your favorite knock circuit would be good candidates.
> > This ECM is not underground fairytale..
> >
> > Your opinion counts,
> > have fun,
> >     Marcell
> >
> > Software is from the same powerful breed, as for the proven ancestor:
> > http://www.squirrelpf.com/msavr/index.php?page=GenBoard
> > It started with similar features as the good old megasquirt, real
(stepper
> > based) idlecontrol was added first, than came LCD support, keyboard,
> > menusystem, powerful configuration system, eventqueue for sequential
> > multichannel output operation, wbo2 etc..
> > (using the fact that it has 10..20 times more free resources left
> >  beyond basic operation than the good old megasquirt: IO, cycles, SRAM
> > and more developer friendly architecture).
> > The main idea, is that if one needs basic functionality, this ECM is
just as
> > easy as megasquirt (eg. supports megatune protocol!). If more
functionality
> > is needed, than much easier.
> >
> > HW features (pasted from wiki):
> > - AtMega128
> > - analog filters for common sensors
> > - 2 channels: "standard" optocoupled "coil" trigger input
> > - 2 channels: digitally controlled WBO2 with currentdrive pump
(YEEEAAH!)
> > - 8 smart power drivers primarily for ignition banks (high voltage
friendly
> > trace clearance), but suitable for injector/other purpose (not HWpwm-ed)
> > - 8 power drivers primarily for injector banks (each is HW-pwm capable).
> > Suitable for other purposes, even ignition with some paint (for
insulation
> > beyond what solderprotect provides)
> > - 2 extra channels of power drivers (from logic level FETs, similar to
the
> > WBO2 heater FETs)
> > - 8 medium current drivers (max350mA low-side, eg.: LEDs, relays, small
> > solenoids, MSD module)
> > - 4 channel (x1A) bidirectional stepper driver ( idle-air stepper,
> > whatever...)
> > - low cost extra 8ch,12 bit ADC (MCP3208) for future enhancements
> > - 2 x OPA input circuits usable as VRsensor or generic amplifier
(eg.EGT)
> > - Dallas [1-wire] (usable for whole range of apps: authentication, temp,
> > logging-mem, USB, inter-board comm etc...) - RS232 port
> > - small (AtTiny? little-guy or AtMega128 based) addon board for the
flyback
> > control, also usable as DC/DC at the same time - capable to produce
IonSense
> > voltage - or HW-stimulator or always-powered uC that listens for
specific
> > events and wake up the AtMega128 when necessary or other tasks, who
knows
> > what it will be useful for. This powerful flyback rail (the original MS
> > flyback handled max 3A average with 100W heating; genboard 2.2 was
several
> > times better /motorola-ms guys applied it for their external flyback
board/;
> > the new switching flyback handles sane 3A average current with only 3W
> > heating, and crazy high /beyond-efi/ 20A with only 30W heat!!! ). The
> > AtTiny? has +4 ADC channels (10bit). It might jump back from addon onto
the
> > board, read below.
> > - headers and connectors for various stuff, eg. engine connector, WBO?
> > connector, power, LCD, keyboard, interboard-comm.
> > - PCB can be stuffed with the professional EconoSeal?-III automotive
> > connector (suggested for lowZ) or cost-efficient edge-DB37 connector (or
> > case-mounted custom connector)
> > - AD597 dedicated thermocouple (EGT) circuit
> > - designed for worldwide available Alubos1600 case, easy assembly
(slide-in,
> > max 2 L-shaped heatsinks attached to top of case) and group-manufacture
of
> > endplates for econoseal and the most common cases people require.
(DanaScott
> > thinking on forking a PCB variant that fits into Ford EEC case and some
> > people will want case-mounted connector with the pinout of their
favorite
> > ECM).

I guess I should direct the diy-efi to a different folder than the noisy
megasquirt
list, this mail almost sneaked unnoticed.