[Diy_efi] Injector flow rate

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 19:42:44 GMT 2004

David,

> I am trying to beter calculate the BPW constant. Howell programmed 185, GM
uses
> 181 on the 4.3 liter and so I calculate 178 for my 4.2 liter after back
> calculating the flow rate associated with the GM number. So, I am confused
and
> need to know the flow rate for the "yellow/blue" p/n 5235203 injector. The
> sheet on the DIY site just has questions marks. I tried to back out what
GM
> used for the factory chip but am unsure how accurate the 4.3 liter claim
is.
> And the flow rate I get is 45.9 lb/hr, greater than the listed injector
for the
> 5.0 liter (40 lb/hr)!?! Could this calculation be right?
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> So, does someone know the flow rate for these injectors, or a precise
> measurement of the displacement for the 4.3 liter engine?
> Bye,

I can't help DIRECTLY with the injectors found on the 4.3L V6, but I can say
that
the numbers listed for the 5235279 injector (5.0L L03 engine, as found in my
'91
Caprice and '91 Olds Custom Cruiser) appear to be incorrect.  The injector
constant
in the factory chip for BOTH of those cars was 55#/hr -AND- I confirmed that
the
p/n listed on all of the injectors matched the 5235279 number on GMECM.  So,
I'd
say the number you calculated is perfectly plausable.

-Scott