[Diy_efi] Injectors drivers for 12 injectors

Djfreggens at aol.com Djfreggens at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 00:04:21 GMT 2004

--===============30982739063523201==

-------------------------------1074556721

In a message dated 1/19/2004 4:44:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w3craft at comcast.net writes:
Brian Harris wrote:

>I am wanting to put a GM ECM (likely a 7730 or 7727 computer) if possible
>onto a Jag V12.  Yeah, I know a V8 swap would be easier but telling someone
>you have a V12 under the hood is more desirable.  The worthless Lucas
>computer system used on the Jag V12's is well worthless.  The distributor is
>very similar to GM's in design so making the distributor work with a GM ECM
>should not be difficult.  The big problem I see is driving 12 injectors.  I
>have google injectors drivers with limited success and the EFI332 page is
>missing the external injector drivers page.  Any info on the external
>injector drivers as well as a diagram of the 7730 or 7727 ecm would be
>helpful in going forward with this project.
>
>Brian

 Well the Rhoads designed driver circuts ar no longer buildable as the cherry
semiconductor p/h transitors are no longer avaiable. it apeares delphi
purchased the rights to them and end of shelfed the part. that siad i work with dave
rhoads alot and i would be glad to off list you his email. he currently has a
few driver board laying around and a new product he is selling to a few after
market suppliers that he could help you out with. Anyways toss me an email
off list.

 Sincerly

 Sean

-------------------------------1074556721

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type charset=3DUTF-8 content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/19/2004 4:44:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, w3craft@=
comcast.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Brian Harris wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;I am wanting to=
 put a GM ECM (likely a 7730 or 7727 computer) if possible<BR>&gt;onto a Jag=
 V12.&nbsp; Yeah, I know a V8 swap would be easier but telling someone<BR>&g=
t;you have a V12 under the hood is more desirable.&nbsp; The worthless Lucas=
<BR>&gt;computer system used on the Jag V12's is well worthless.&nbsp; The d=
istributor is<BR>&gt;very similar to GM's in design so making the distributo=
r work with a GM ECM<BR>&gt;should not be difficult.&nbsp; The big problem I=
 see is driving 12 injectors.&nbsp; I<BR>&gt;have google injectors drivers w=
ith limited success and the EFI332 page is<BR>&gt;missing the external injec=
tor drivers page.&nbsp; Any info on the external<BR>&gt;injector drivers as=20=
well as a diagram of the 7730 or 7727 ecm would be<BR>&gt;helpful in going f=
orward with this project.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Brian<BR>&gt;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></=

<DIV>&nbsp;Well the Rhoads designed driver circuts ar no longer buildable as=
 the cherry semiconductor p/h transitors are no longer avaiable. it apeares=20=
delphi purchased the rights to them and end of shelfed the part. that siad i=
 work with dave rhoads alot and i would be glad to off list you his email. h=
e currently has a few driver board laying around and a new product he is sel=
ling to a few after market suppliers that he could help you out with. Anyway=
s toss me an email off list. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;Sincerly&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>