[Diy_efi] remote IAC

urq urq at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 3 16:54:15 GMT 2004

Most mid-80's Audis have an IAC valve that is plumbed into the intake tract
with two hoses.  I know that an 85-87 Audi 4000 Quattro has one for sure,
I'm pretty sure the 5000s from '84 to 88 have them too.  While they don't
fail per se, you do have to make sure they aren't gummed up from oil in the
intake thanks to the CV system.  I'm pretty sure you can take a 9v battery
to them to check for smooth operation ...

Steve B
San Jose, CA (USA)