[Diy_efi] early Cadillac sensors compatible with GM ECM?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sun Jul 4 19:06:15 GMT 2004

3 Jul 2004  "Chris Carson" <fastcarson at prodigy.net> writes:

> Doing that Olds-EFI conversion with a Seville manifold of
> 76-80 vintage. There's a CTS and IAT already in the manifold,
> I'm wondering if they're going to work with the modern P4
> GMECM? I'm using a 7749, on soon to be boosted engine.
>  The CTS looks similar to the one that came off the 87 307
> (CCC carb) but of course the Cadillac sensor (and hole in
> manifold) is much smaller in diameter than the more
> "modern" sensor.

> Chris

Do you have the 76-77 cast iron intake with 2 1/4" throttle
body openings, or a 78-80 aluminum intake (highly prone
to coolant leaks) with smaller openings?  Those 2 temp
sensors are identical, not directly compatible with anything
else, are highly prone to failure, and hard/expensive to get.
But there are plently of places in the Olds intake to drill
and tap for modern sensors, which is what I have done on
my 403.  Using the original fuel system here on my 79
Eldorado, but modern ECU for sequential port injection.

Bruce Roe