[Diy_efi] early Cadillac sensors compatible with GM ECM?

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 4 22:23:44 GMT 2004

I've got the later aluminum intake from a 78 Seville. The coolant leak
problem is the same for all aluminum intakes on Olds engines when you use a
stock steel valley pan gasket -- I had that problem with my 307.  You can
fix it by going with a pair of composite gaskets.
Only problem I see, that CTS I pulled from the 307 intake will need a
freakin' HUGE drill and tap (probably 9/16?), and will probably cost a
fortune. Did the CCC carb systems use a MAT? I didn't see anything that
resembled it on the intake. I may place it in the intake tract for a more
accurate gauge of the temp without interference from the exhaust crossover,
and it might be easier than drilling the intake!

Chris.