[Diy_efi] GMC 747 and Ford duraspark

Peter Jonasson jonasso at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jul 14 13:53:32 GMT 2004

David

Thanks for all the great info. Since my last posting I have answered a =
few
of my own question.

The ignition I am now using is the Ford Duraspark HEI. I am using the =
stock
distributor with an adapter plate ($7) and new rotor and cap ($24) 8m =
cables
($34) and a TFI coil and connector from the wreckers ($10). It's not a =
one
wire hook-up like the GM... but it works just as well and I didn't have =
replace my entire distributor.=20

The benefit is I can remove the Duraspark Ignition Unit and replace it =
with
the small GM ignition block. Once I get the 747 up and running I can =
control
the ECM version of the GM ignition block. The knock sensor will also be
incorporated at this time.

I also plan on controlling the EGR valve with the 747 as well. I am =
pretty
sure my CTO switch is on its last legs. Still researching the vapour
canister system.

Question 1. Still don't know what an EAC solenoid is or does?????

Question 2. Does anyone know if there is an exterior climate case for =
the
747, or has anyone mounted the unit under the hood?

Regards... Peter=20
"There are 3 types of Engineers..."
"Those that can count... and those that can't"