[Diy_efi] Fixed Frequency Injection

paul w bushie_40 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:58:32 GMT 2004

Hi guys,

I'm playing with a TBI system and experimenting with fixing the injection
frequency and varying the pulse width, as opposed to the conventional
technique of synchronizing the pulses to the engine and injecting once per
plug firing.

My application is a generator, so the rpm is intended to be regulated to a
fixed set point at 1800rpm.

Any comments on whether fixed frequency would work, and what the impact
might be in terms of A/F control, stability, fuel distribution, etc?

Thanks,

Paul