[Diy_efi] Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulator Specs?

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Sat Jul 24 02:31:00 GMT 2004

I'm sorting out how to handle my FPR, feed, and return lines in a relatively
tidy way, and I've just about got what I want ironed out.  I want to use one
of the fairly common FPR's that have basically a 14mm injector
fitting/o-ring inlet, with a bolt-down strap to hold the FPR to the fuel
rail.  These are part of essentially ALL 2.2 & 2.5L turbo Mopar EFI systems,
and I'm using one of those to mock up what I want.  Problem is that as far
as I can tell, the typical MPI Chrysler product runs a higher fuel pressure
(48-55 psi with no vacuum), and my 7730/TPI-based system is probably
expecting something in the low 40's (must get factory service manual...).
The questions are:
1) google has come up empty when I search for PN's and specs for the various
Bosch FPR's.  I just KNOW someone has compiled this data... any hints?  The
goal is to find the Chrysler-style FPR with GM pressure rating that I can
buy at NAPA or Auto Zone.
2) failing that, will 5 psi really make that much difference?  I'm going to
run some of the simple formulas to check this, just looking for some real
world experience.
Thanks, folks!

Clair
Chrysler 340 w/7730