[Diy_efi] info on 6800 motorolla

Remy Sabale remy.sabale at gatepacific.com
Mon Jun 28 00:41:06 GMT 2004

--===============70769813060716424==

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C45CE9.CC5E8B60

Hi ,
     My engine is a toyota 4age  (tvis). i have check the ECU and it
uses the 6800 series motorolla microprocessers.  My objective is to make
the rev limitter or fuel cut off  a  litle bit much higher   ,  because
i'm using this car for autocross. i know someone that have done this but
he would not share his secret.   the details only he give to me is that
i must  intercept the signal going to the processors so that it will
think that the engine is not reving high.

some one suggested to overclock it.
i try to replace the crystal clock to over clock the processor, but i'm
not satisfied with it. i find the engine not to responsive.

is there any other way to remove this cut-off?

what is the input pin of the 6800 for the distributor  signal( crank
angle sensor)?
any suggestion?

what component should i replace to remove the cut-off?

thanks,
Remy

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C45CE9.CC5E8B60

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>info on 6800 motorolla </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi ,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My engine is =
a toyota 4age&nbsp; (tvis). i have check the ECU and it uses the 6800 =
series motorolla microprocessers.&nbsp; My objective is to make the rev =
limitter or fuel cut off&nbsp; a&nbsp; litle bit much higher&nbsp;&nbsp; =
,&nbsp; because i'm using this car for autocross. i know someone that =
have done this but he would not share his secret.&nbsp;&nbsp; the =
details only he give to me is that i must&nbsp; intercept the signal =
going to the processors so that it will think that the engine is not =
reving high.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">some one suggested to overclock =
it.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">i try to replace the crystal clock to =
over clock the processor, but i'm not satisfied with it. i find the =
engine not to responsive.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">is there any other way to remove this =
cut-off?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">what is the input pin of the 6800 for =
the distributor&nbsp; signal( crank angle sensor)?</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">any suggestion?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">what component should i replace to =
remove the cut-off?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">thanks,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Remy</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C45CE9.CC5E8B60--