[Diy_efi] TBI, heat riser, crossover passage

Fehn, Ron G RFEHN at amfam.com
Wed Mar 3 20:43:24 GMT 2004

i have   two one barrel TBI's on custom plenum on 84 vette.  called
xram.   the TB's are 2.00 inch each. this plenum is sitting on a single
plane weiand manifold.  90# injectors.  i am in cold climate milwaukee
wis.  yes it is a problem.  in summer at 70 deg the issue goes away
soon.  on cold start the intake gets xtra fuel as coolant temp low.
when closed loop comes on and 70 deg or warmer no issue as car is coming
up on temp under hood.  no ext crossover in manifold. plenum is pie
plate shaped and sitting an 1 1/2 inch above top lip of manifold.  when
morn temps are 40-45 it is a big problem. stumbles as it gets a blast of
ice cold intake air.  non heat soaked plenum/manifold/TB.   also AE
needed to be doubled as lack of atomization on hard accell.  that is
partly due to plenum one inch thick only so AE hits plenum floor and
condenses.  i am keeping manifold and adding adapter and adding 454 TB
this spring. that shopuld help as i lose the plenum.  route of a/f is
direct into manifold.  now it moves zig zag to arrive at top of intake
opening.  get the picture?=20