[Diy_efi] TBI, heat riser, crossover passage

Fehn, Ron G RFEHN at amfam.com
Wed Mar 3 20:43:27 GMT 2004

see my post ?

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Adam Wade
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 2:34 PM
To: A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] TBI, heat riser, crossover passage

--- Michael J Flaherty <mikeflaherty at mn.rr.com> wrote:

> I've been wondering about the importance of
> maintaining an exhaust heated intake with TBI and
> a cast iron manifold.

Since fuel is being introduced in the same location,
I'd be hard pressed to believe that you could easily
do away with a necessary addition with carbs like a
heat riser.  The intake passages will still have the
same sharp corners and long passages, and the fuel
will still have the same tendency to fall out of
suspension in the airstream at the same spots.  It
might be slightly better with the possibly finer
atomization from the injector, but I'd bet you cash
that the difference between TBI and carb in
drivability without the heat riser would be pretty minimal.