[Diy_efi] engine modeling

Alexis PAVLOV alexis.pavlov at st.com
Tue Mar 9 15:11:29 GMT 2004

Hi Tim,

That's a good idea :-)
BUT, I'm afraid once you'll have designed your control algos
you'll see that they work poorly on real engines. Because there
is a big difference between models and real badly adjusted,
badly cooled and unbalanced engines. Especially if you want
to modelize base functions like ignition or injection in order
to control the engine torque.
Of course this approach is very used in research papers and
PhD works. But, the science is nothing without the experience.
And tests often show some difference between research algos
and real observations.

I'd rather suggest you doing exhaustive measures on real engines
and then applying your control algorithms to these logs.

Alexei