[Diy_efi] A/D DELCO information

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Sat Mar 27 10:00:55 GMT 2004

Hello Guys,

> I have a problem in GM DELCO ECU, it has a bad A/D converter,
> it need to be replace, but I don´t know the replace part,
> I have been looking for it but I did not have succes.

I have a DELCO ECU in a 2001 Opel (Vauxhall) Astra-F (Classic)
on a X16SZR (1.6L 8valve head) engine, TBI from factory.

I'd like to replace it with a DIY-ECM to gain
- handle demands of changed intake and installed turbo (maybe N2O later)
- better programmability and diagnostics
- WBO2 control
- LCD display for runtime data and programming
- bright LED-HUD for runtime data
- boost control
- water injection
- better security (keypad, PS2Keyboard, I-Button)
- maybe cruise control (if I install a CAN-throttle, or make electronically
controlled
throttle in some way - with stepper or DC motor)
- better price for spare unit and parts

I will use GenBoard v3.0 controller:
http://www.squirrelpf.com/msavr/index.php?page=GenBoardIamInterested
My problem is to get the external pinout of the Delco.
While I know some signals' pin mappings, I don't know most's.

I might even make the main (case-mounted) connector pinout of genboard
match the delco pinout for simple plugin.

Does anyone have a source of Delco external pinouts ?
I have a manual for the car, that lists old GM pinouts for earlier
ECMs, but not for the new Delco ECMs.

thanx,
    Marcell