[Diy_efi] Adapting Ion Sensing systems

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu May 6 21:05:20 GMT 2004

I have read several sites around the internet that explain and discuss ion
sensing for determining optimum spark advance, but I have yet to find a real
DIY ion sensing ignition system controller.  I am thinking in terms of
controlling my 1994 Mustang 5.0.

I have read that Harley uses ion sensing to control their ignition on the
new motorcycles.

Does anyone have real knowledge of this system.  Is there anyway to "hack"
into this system and let it control another  existing system?  Even if it
only monitored one cylinder on my V-8 it would be better at defining the
proper spark advance than my current technology (none), well there is my
hearing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan