[Diy_efi] Looking for help with a prom N82S181

mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com
Sat Nov 6 19:38:23 GMT 2004

Hello Everyone,
     I am in the middle of changing the spark table for a friends 1984 gmc
pickup with computer controlled timing, and carburetor.  I've done
quite a bit with the tbi ecms, and honestly this is my first computer
of this generation.  I have been able to copy the prom, and with help
found the spark table.  I've modified it, and put a copy of it on a
2716, which is a 2k x 8 eprom.  I started with a N82S181 1k x 8 prom.
 I thought I would be able to just simply drop the eprom where the
prom was, but I wasn't so lucky.  I am not familar with the chip
enable on the original chip, N82S181.  It has 4 chip enable lines,
and it looks like two of them are hex inverted.  Does anybody have
any idea how this chip works???  I got a data sheet from Jameco,
which helped but was missing key information.  I figure I'm going to
have to make a dip socket sandwich with some changes for the enable
logic.  Thanks,  Marcello A. Belloli