[Diy_efi] New/old guy

Curtis Mittong curtis at curtisandkim.com
Tue Oct 19 20:29:11 GMT 2004

--===============55820851121911064==

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C4B5DF.122EFBE0

Hey, all.  I've been here before years ago on and off.  I usually had =
free email so my space was limited and I had to keep subscribing and =
unsubscribing.  Now I have my own darn website with tons of server =
space, so let the big digests roll in!

I'll be cruising and reading and trying to gain my info without asking =
the stupid new guy questions, but my goal is to do an inexpensive =
reliable EFI on two vehicles, a 73 Impala Station Wagon with a 454 and a =
66 Bonneville with a Caddy 500.  The Caddy 500 can be way down the road =
since it is running well right now with a Q-jet.

My problem is that I am a very poor carb tuner... especially when it =
comes to the complex Qjets.  I just built the 454 for the wagon and it =
is way out of whack.  I went edelbrock dual plane, better factory heads, =
headers, 2.5" duals, and a cam in the mid 230s duration.  The carb is a =
little confused right now. :)

I'm quite a gearhead and I know the mechanical parts, like what sensors =
and injectors I need, but I lack the knowledge of how to do it =
inexpensively, so that's where I'll be relying on you folks.  Thanks for =
letting me in ;)

Curtis
Los Angeles
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C4B5DF.122EFBE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey, all.&nbsp; I've been here before =
years ago on=20
and off.&nbsp; I usually had free email so my space was limited and I =
had to=20
keep subscribing and unsubscribing.&nbsp; Now I have my own darn website =
with=20
tons of server space, so let the big digests roll in!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'll be cruising and reading and trying =
to gain my=20
info without asking the stupid new guy questions, but my goal is to do =
an=20
inexpensive reliable EFI on two vehicles, a 73 Impala Station Wagon with =
a 454=20
and a 66 Bonneville with a Caddy 500.&nbsp; The Caddy 500 can be way =
down the=20
road since it is running well right now with a Q-jet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My problem is that I am a very poor =
carb tuner...=20
especially when it comes to the complex Qjets.&nbsp; I just built the =
454 for=20
the wagon and it is way out of whack.&nbsp; I went edelbrock dual plane, =
better=20
factory heads, headers, 2.5" duals, and a cam in the mid 230s =
duration.&nbsp;=20
The carb is a little confused right now. :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm quite a gearhead and I know the =
mechanical=20
parts, like what sensors and injectors I need, but I lack the knowledge =
of how=20
to do it inexpensively, so that's where I'll be relying on you =
folks.&nbsp;=20
Thanks for letting me in ;)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Curtis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Los Angeles</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C4B5DF.122EFBE0--