[Diy_efi] Fuel delivery top mounts

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Fri Oct 29 23:24:30 GMT 2004

Hi y'all,
I have a set of 8 standard GM fuel injectors that I'm trying to build a fuel
rail for. I've already botched one length of fuel rail extrusion and I want
to try a different route. MSD sells these "fuel delivery top mounts" for
flex-line installations. I have a few questions:
1. Is there a place that sells these things with two holes instead of one,
so as to avoid having to use a junction block?
2. Does 1/8" NPT convert to some AN size? Or am I stuck with NPT?
3. Is it an option to just remove the o-ring from the tops of the injectors
and clamp a hose on to the end, which then would be clamped to a hose barb
that's attached to a bunch of Ts?
4. Is there a source for cheaper, small lengths of fuel hose with fittings
on the end?

I'm concerned that my injectors may not be perfectly lined up as I was not
capable of perfectly lining up things when I was using the old drill press
on the intake. So, I'm worried that if I try solid fuel rail again, the
o-rings will not seat in the bores straight and that they will leak. Is this
a valid concern?

Chris