[Diy_efi] IAC Motor Wiring

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Sun Sep 5 20:06:41 GMT 2004

In a nutshell, if I can identify which pins run each of the two coils in the
motor, does it matter if I plug coil A in to the driver for coil B, and vice
versa?

What I've got is a Dodge Magnum throttle body and associated sensors & IAC,
all of which I'll be driving with a 7730 ECU.  My understanding is that the
Mopar IAC is the same one used on the Holley Commander system, and is also
visually identical to the later GM (LT engines) IAC.  I've gotten some
wiring info from the archives regarding the LT-1 arrangement, and I've got a
small pile of wiring diagrams for the various systems used on GM vehicles
over the years.  Unfortunately, my Mopar wiring diagrams don't show a coil
"A" or "B", just that they ARE coils.  If I get the hi/lo orientation
correct but miss on the coils, will the IAC still function properly?  Seems
like it would, but that's usually when I get in to trouble...

Thanks,
Clair