[Diy_efi] Fuel Rail Boss ID for small o-ring Inj.

silvershad0w at netzero.net silvershad0w at netzero.net
Sun Sep 5 21:03:56 GMT 2004

Just a quick question regarding 'small o-ring' or 'japanese' injectors, like those made by Denso, etc.  I posted on the MS list without any replys so far, I need an accurate boss I.D. (feed side) for these injectors.  Here is the post as it appeared on ms-efi:

For my application, I need to use injectors with the older, square section o-ring type to fit my existing manifold. The original injectors are the 'hose feed' type, so I need to make a fuel rail to fit the more commonly available o-ring style feed.

My 1st question is, what diameter do I need to bore the fual rail bungs to properly seal a 'japanese' style injector, since these seem to be the only type that are made for the square section o-ring on the manifold side that I can find. I have my eye on a set of Denso 550cc (@80% P.W.), P/N# 195500-1370, being sold here:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsMODS.asp#denso

Looking at the SDS website, one of thier tech articles says "10mm or 11mm", then goes on to suggest measuring the O.D. with calipers and then subtract .020"-.025" from that value for the fuel rail bore diameter. Is thier anyone with experience with this type of injector with some insight, so I can start drawing up the rail in CAD before I get the injectors?

Here is a picture of these "red-topped" Denso injectors:
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/PartsJPEGs/Injectors/RX7195500-2010_4.jpg

My 2nd question is, if you look closely at that picture, the connector seems to be different than the normal bosch/clone type, with a groove down the side facing, and a clip on the right. Any insight regarding a possible source for the mating connectors would be appreciated.

Lastly, if anyone has any information regarding an injector type that is the square section o-ring on the manifold side, and uses a domestic 14mm feed in a ~550cc I would greatly appreciate the tip.

Thanks in Advance,
John C.