[Diy_efi] 96-97 vortec swap

sc7500 sc7500 at sonic.net
Fri Sep 10 23:22:52 GMT 2004

 > If the donor had an automatic transmission then it was a computer
 > controlled 4L60E, and the computer is going to be confused when it
 > doesn't see a transmission there. Do you know what the donor had?

Brings me to an off the subject but interesting question for eventual
referral...

Do any of you have a clue as to what computer can be used to allow a
4L60E or 4L80E transmission work in a non computerized vehicle ?

I know that JET has a standalone box for this use... but a wrecking yard
purchase has GOT to be cheaper in the long run... no ?

Thanks - have a safe weekend
--
Bruce T. Corneto
[The Mad Coater]