[Diy_efi] Bosch LH Jetronic v2.2

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Tue Apr 5 17:58:13 UTC 2005

--- WSCowell at aol.com wrote:

> It has two ECUs, one for fuel, the other for
> ignition.  I want to understand much more thoroughly
> how these two interact and control the engine,  but
> cannot find any information anywhere so far.

There are several very good books on the analog Bosch
systems.  "How to Tune and Modify Bosch Fuel
Injection", by Ben Watson, is an excellent resource.
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0879385707/qid=1112722933/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-4163913-8532820?v=glance&s=books&n=507846>

Also, you will probably want the Bentley book on the
L-Jet series
<http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=h160>

You might wish to get the big overview of Bosch
systems book, "Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine
Management" by Charles O. Probst.
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0837603005/ref=pd_null_recs_b_t/002-4163913-8532820?v=glance&s=books>

> I am looking for binary files, port/memory address
> maps, disassembled firmware, anything that will help
> me understand how this engine runs, and what
> information it sends to the proprietary Jaguar
> electronics in the instrument pack and so  on.

AFAIK, the L-Jet is an analog system, which means no
maps or digital data at all.  Analog systems can be
"tuned" within certain limits by changing component
values in various parts of the ECU, but since it's all
analog circuitry, mapping as we know it in the digital
world does not exist.  The ignition unit is separate
because L-Jet is fuel-only.

Good luck!

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |