[Diy_efi] Peak EGTs occur at the stoichiometric ideal AFR of14.65-70:1

gary gas-
Thu Apr 7 21:05:00 UTC 2005

Phil,

> Any search of the millions of available articles from the SAE (soc.
> Automotive Engineers) will show that peak EGT for petrol occurs at
> Lambda 1.1 or 16.17 it is also the A/F ratio of peak efficiency. The
> bad news is that the NOX output at this A/F ratio is also the highest.

Of those millions, could you possibly forward a link that substantiates
such claim, along with test results to validate the accuracy of this link?
Open minded to allow the weighing of results of any tests conducted.

> Not logical or intuitive but physics doesn't seem to mind.

I'd prefer facts gathered from testing, in lieu of engineering theory.
Again, any test results you could link me to, would be appreciated.

> Heat is a function of rate of burn as well as A/F ratio.

OK.  Burn propagation is fastest at the AFR that generates the most
power, i.e. 12.5 AFR.  It becomes progressively slower the further from
that point (on either side).  So Phil, what's your point?  Please explain,
preferably with along with results of controlled test to validate.  Thanks.

GAS