[Diy_efi] false myths - quick correction

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Sun Apr 10 01:19:26 UTC 2005

--- Adam Wade <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So the idea that flame propagation and speed of
> combustion vary based on AFR is fallacious.

This should read "...based SOLELY on AFR..."  Clearly,
changes in a narrow range of AFR will change the speed
of flame front propagation when all other factors are
equal, or nearly so.  That has to do with how quickly
heat is produced by combustion, and how that affects
the temperature and pressure of nearby unburned
mixture (which can vary in AFR as well).

Without that understanding, this point seems to
contradict much of my later comments in my previous
posting; hopefully this will clarify everything.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |