[Diy_efi] Exhaust gas temp

sc7500 sc7500
Sun Apr 10 03:00:54 UTC 2005

>>Since GAMI has it all over me as far as high tech capability, I'll have
>>to demur on this point - and say only that we got what we got.

>B.T., my wording was confusing.  What I meant (was supposed to
>state) was the SDS site linked, agrees with the GAMI people on SOME
>EGT issues, but the SDS quoted statement above, was NOT one of
>them.  No test data that I am aware of, from GAMI on that issue.  In this
>case, I'll accept actual test data (yours), in lieu of printed (linked)
>conflicting statement.  Thanks for sharing the info.

After re reading what *I* typed out, I realized that I left out an
important item too. Grain of salt time, caps and chap ettes...

Every engine is different.  Every dyno pull has the potential for
misleading the end user my manipulation of the data. If we all drove
dynos [or, FTM, computer dyno programs or Summit / Jeg's catalogs] we'd
all be making 10,000 HP and spinning the Earth on every launch.

That said, I read the proferred web page info with great interest, and
will be following SDS's future efforts (and GAMI's) with an eye out for
anything I've missed. Isn't a day goes by I don't try to learn something
new, or add to my databank files... keeps me on my toes.

>>I remember hearing about that little "disinformation effort" too.
>>

>Was it disinformation or, with accountability not being an issue, were
>they (writers) given some rope, being allowed to use their imagination,
>print it, and then allow it to be believed as fact?   :)

If there was ever a more devilish or determined man, I haven't met him
yet.  IME, Smoke would go out of his way to plant an idea (real or
dreamed up) and then see how far it got in the press (right OR wrong).
He actually delighted in the fact that some of his "dreamwheel
creations" appeared on competitor vehicles the next race event !  I try
to carry out a little deception with my own cars to this day in his
honor... keeps 'em guessin'.

For a guy who earned the Official title of "NASCAR's Cheatin'est Crew
Chief" before he parted ways with the HiPo Taxi set, and someone who had
good feelings for VERY few automotive journalists in general, I would
expect no less than 110% deflection, and 200% Get Outta The Way from Mr.
Yunik !

Gotta go make some dinner - ya'll be good
--
B.T. Corneto
[The Mad Coater]

"United We Stand - Remember 9-11"