[Diy_efi] Air fuel meters

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Apr 14 19:46:17 UTC 2005

--- James Seabolt <turbofiat at hotpop.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure why Saab chose to install a smaller
> turbo on a larger engine.  It doesn't really make
> sense unless they wanted the 9000 to spool up really

> quick.

Saab and Volvo have more recently been of the "low
boost/quick spool" mentality, where they use fairly
low boost settings with fairly high compression ratios
to get slightly more performance out of smaller
engines without having to increase displacement, or
deal with the drawbacks of a low compresion/high boost
setup in terms of off-idle drivability and turbo lag.
Most of their turbo cars over the past several decades
have "felt" very much like normally-aspirated vehicles
when driven.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |