[Diy_efi] Propane FI

James Seabolt turbofiat
Sat Apr 16 00:10:54 UTC 2005

At 05:03 PM 4/15/05, you wrote:
>Liquid LPG is indeed more efficient, but as far as I can tell it's
>impossible for you or I to get our hands on the correct injectors for love
>or money.

I was thinking engines that run on propane use what's known as a mixing
valve which replaced the carburator and fuel injectors. Where the propane
is basically regulated by engine vacuum by the mixing valve.

Or is this old school technology I'm talking about?

I've got a book on propane conversions that was written back in the 1980s.
I'll have to dig it out.

James Seabolt
Tennessee, United States
Homepage --->>> http://users.chartertn.net/jseabolt/

2003 Subaru Baja
1980 FIAT 2000 "turbo" Spider
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (Not a Ford Galaxie!!)
1987 Yugo GV 1500cc also turbocharged