[Diy_efi] Strain gauge on engine mounts

niche at iinet.net.au niche
Tue Apr 19 18:12:30 UTC 2005

At 01:51 AM 20/04/05, you wrote:
>Anyone ever done or considered doing a simple DIY driveshaft torque design?  Heavy rubber coupler with two multi-toothed rings around each end, two sensors mounted to display phase difference as torque increases?

Now thats a good idea, far easier than the method in the link just posted,
probably be a lot cheaper too,  makes an inherent lot of sense, use an
all digital method  overall.

There was a poster before who suggested something similar, use ABS
type pickup, think I misread that, thinking he was using only one, but of
course logical and clever to use two and look for phase difference.

mmmm, Think I'll take a closer look under my car next chance I get

Thanks for that,

:o)

Regards from

Mike Massen
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
http://niche.iinet.net.au