[Diy_efi] Magesquirt vs D- jetronic

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Apr 21 19:39:00 UTC 2005

--- John Nevius <jnevius at spiritone.com> wrote:

> FWIW, Bosch L-Jet through the late 80's (Volvo, BMW,
> Saab) only had a very crude accomodation for
> throttle position sensing.  They could read throttle
> closed (idle) and WOT only.  IIRC Saab was the first
> to use a "real" throttle position sensor.  They
> relied upon the AFM to trigger an increase in the
> fueling.  Generally these cars are considered quite
> driveable :-)

Okay, I overstated a bit.  :)  I should say that it is
a lot harder to get adequate drivability without a TPS
and "accel pump" feature in the ECU (whether
implemented in analog or digital); a lot will depend
on where the throttle(s) and plenum are located in
relation to each other and the intake runners (i.e., a
throttle a long way away from the runners, with a
large plenum between the throttle and runners, will be
less sensitive to the lack of "accel pump"
functionality in a given setup; a plenum BEFORE the
throttle(s), and the throttle(s) being extremely close
to the intake valve(s), will be much more sensitive to
the lack of "accel pump" functionality).

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |