[Diy_efi] Post 4-Wire O2 Sensor Swap Observations...

David Cooley n5xmt
Fri Apr 22 22:18:55 UTC 2005

From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 1:20 PM
To: 'diy_efi at diy-efi.org'
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Post 4-Wire O2 Sensor Swap Observations...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cooley [mailto:n5xmt at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:35 PM
To: 'Mike Frels'; diy_efi at diy-efi.org

Popping on decel is from lean, not rich...
And if you had an exhaust leak before the O2, it may read lean, but mileage
would go down the toilet as it would be richening the mixture up to
compensate.

Neither of these make sense to me. How can popping be from lean and how can
an exhaust leak cause the oxygen sensor to read lean? How can an exhaust
leak change the amount of oxygen remaining in the exhaust. Please explain.