[Gmecm] Re: Datalogging '94-'95 LT1 computer (TunerPro RT)

William Lucke william.lucke at highspeedlink.net
Fri Aug 19 11:37:41 UTC 2005

Interesting... will it be able to work with OBDI Cadillac Northstar/4.9=20
applications? I have a few of those lying around and they refuse to=20
communicate with anything but the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) in the=20
original car... it's just too bad they're not in the original car...

I really appreciate all of your hard work on this software. I think it's=20
really driving the DIY community into the mainstream.

Will

>From: "M. Mansur" <mmansur at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Re: Datalogging '94-'95 LT1 computer
>
>For the same reasons, no, TunerPro does not do well with these. After the
>re-write, yes, it will work just fine. The problem here is that the ECM is
>sending information via the scheduler to the digital dash. The scanner
>(TunerPro in this case) must listen for the chatter and send the silence
>command first before requesting the mode 1 message X data.
>
>The current build of TunerPro will have trouble with any "chatty" Mask/BCC.
>That is soon to change. I've got a few local SyTy guys knocking on my door
>often to ask me to get these changes in as well, so the changes are
>imminent.

 Behalf