[Diy_efi] Fuel pump run time with key on

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:48:11 UTC 2005

Just FYI, all GM cars will turn the fuel pump on once 10 psi of oil
pressure is established, so that the "limp home" module will work (the
ESC module runs spark, starting automatically at 400 rpm, and just
never passes it off to the main ECM...   and the ECM does basic fuel
management on preloaded tables)...   Anyways, so, the bottom line is
that yeah, your ideas perfect, but will be redundant in this case, as
10 psi usually is there almost instantly on those motors, the oil sump
was exceptional on the 3.4 (and i used it on my 3.1 turbo during the
rebuild)

BTW:  I found a diagram of the fuel pump for my Cavalier stock, i know
the grand prix isn't far off...  i believe its piece #5 on this
diagram "Dampener"

http://s117450979.onlinehome.us/help/Fuel%20pump%20wiring.gif

--=20
Sincerely,