[Diy_efi] Re: Fuel pump run time with key on

Robert W Hughes rwhughe at oplink.net
Tue Aug 23 00:35:02 UTC 2005

> So is there a setting in the computer for the pump to run a set amount
> of time?  I know what the problem is, its the new fuel pump in the
> tank.  Im not dropping my tank for this issue.  I've verified it with
> the fuel pressure gauge, pressure goes from 43 running to 20 in about 1
> second, and drops off slightly slower from there to 0.

For the C3s at least and probably the P4s there was a chip which Ludis
called the RFD which handled limp-home fueling based on resistor values
in the calpac. This chip also controlled the fuel pump on time and had
no communication with the cpu. Unless you can find one of the resistor
values in the calpac controlling the on-time you are stuck with what you
get. In other words there is not a value in the computer itself
controlling this time.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering