[Gmecm] Is a '95 Transport 3800 one of those wierd mid-year hybrids?

kevin spears vega215v8 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:23 UTC 2005

Hello, all!  I just picked up a '95 Pontiac Transport
with a 3800 buick motor.  The first think I noticed
was that it ran pretty poorly, and the CE light is
lit.  My first instinct was to go find the good old
paperclip and see what faults it wants to tell me
about.

After a brief search, I found the traditional ALDL
connector under the dash.  *phew*, it doesn't have an
OBD-II connector.  BUT.. I'm not sure what to jumper
out.. Pin "B" is not populated!  Pins A,J,K, and M
(only) are populated.. the rest are just holes in
plastic.

So maybe I didn't luck out.. Is this one of those
mixed-up semi-OBDII designs that GM used in 1995?  Of
course, I suppose the pin could have just fell out of
the socket.  Maybe there's a remote possibility that
you jumper "A" to J,K, or M for this model?  (I didn't
want to TRY this, mind you!)

By the way, THANK YOU to those that responded when I
asked several months ago about the ignition on my 88
Park Avenue 3800!  I recalled that the coil
pack/module unit, although much different in
appearance, is compatible with the ones on the newer
3800s.  I used a spare from my 88 and it worked just
fine on this 95!