[Diy_efi] Testing an inductance coil.

Mike niche
Thu Aug 18 04:15:08 UTC 2005

If a coil has a shorted turn it wont return much back emf,

If you briefly touch the primary and interrupt and get a
spark across the input - without suppressor cap then its
likely ok, dont touch it for more than a glancing strike.

Thats a quick and nasty way of checking if your coil
is ok and doesnt have a shorted turn...

Of course if you also get a nice secondary spark then its
more than likely ok, dont be near fragile objects when you touch it
though ;-)

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
Twin Tyres for most sedans
http://niche.iinet.net.au