[Diy_efi] Bosch fuel injector plug wiring.

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri Aug 26 15:13:30 UTC 2005

Older Bosch injectors are not polarity sensitive, there may both
polarities exist. Newer ones have the positive terminal to the left,
when the injector is oriented as you describe. On those injectors, a +
sign is molded into the plastic on the left side of the connector. Older
injectors may have either a plain round recession in the plastic, or a
Bosch logo at that position. There may also be a logo in the same place
on the right side.
It seems like the polarity sensitive injectors may have been introduced
around 1990, although older types have still been in production far into
the nineties.

A method for determining the correct polarity for a injector is to
supply it from a lab power supply with adjustable current limiter.
Increase the current slowly until the injector opens and record the
value. Then reverse the polarity and repeat the test.
The injector will have lower opening current at correct polarity than
with reverse polarity.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman