[Diy_efi] function generator for shutterwheel

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Sun Dec 25 21:47:49 UTC 2005

Sometimes an analogue approach works too, we ended up using an old 12v
variable speed drill to spin the distributor shaft and grinding teeth off to
make the cusotm profile for a haltech installation in my friends probe, we
were simply having too many issues with stock wiring terminating in multiple
places on the vehicle, and weren't sure if it was our grinding teeth off
that was causing the issue, or if it was the wiring -- so we simply took it
out, mounted it in a drill bit, and hooked up the ECM and voila, it saw tach
and rpm instantly :)

Just a thought.  for those of us less apt to generate a signal that has 30
cycles, followed by one 'off' cycle for a pulse..

On 12/25/05, David Allen <davida1 at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> How about a PIC microcontroller programmed to count the pulses and clamp
> every 30th cycle?
> David

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine