[Diy_efi] function generator for shutterwheel

David Allen davida1
Sun Dec 25 23:27:56 UTC 2005

How about a PIC microcontroller programmed to count the pulses and clamp every 30th cycle?
David

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil
  To: Diy_efi at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:01 PM
  Subject: [Diy_efi] function generator for shutterwheel

  I want to drive a VW management system on a benchtop mockup for testing and development purposes. I need a function generator that mimics the crank senser: i.e: a sine wave of 30 or so cycles (haven't counted the teeth yet) punctuated by a missing point. I'll need to be able to change the frequecy to mimic rpm. I already have a function generator-is there some kind of simple circuit I could process it's poutput with? Phil, Phil's Foreign Car, Kenvil, NJ USA  973 584 0161