[Diy_efi] Continuing the chip switcher problem

Martin E martine001 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 11 22:17:31 GMT 2005

Marcello,

As an electrical engineer, I would say that it would  be wise to Latch your
bank switching bits on the rising edge of the read strobe. This way the
address will not change during a READ (usually active low). Ugly things will
happen and you may not meet the setup and hold times for the Flash memory.
Also if the bank switching wires are 'long' you may be coupling in noise to
the ECM, as well as switch bounce noise.

cheers
Martin