[Diy_efi] Continuing the chip switcher "problem"

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 22:53:00 GMT 2005

--===============26563897944960901==

-------------------------------1108162248

Martin,

I absolutely agree.  There isn't a problem if normal good practice is
followed.  I used to be a hardware designer and would never think of  changing
addresses without "locking in" those changes to the read cycle.   The address upper
bits (used for bank switching) should always be stable  during a read.  If
they aren't latched, there's likely to be  trouble.  And since it is so simple
to do, any quad latch will do it, there  really seems no reason not to.  The
chip data sheets are available, I have  to assume - I'm no longer working as an
engineer.
Good luck and best wishes

Will Cowell