[Diy_efi] WOT tuning tool

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 17 02:02:35 GMT 2005

Karl,

>>From your discussion below I am assuming that you can change all the
parameters on your ECU? I'm only familiar with the Ford EEC computers, I
tune mine with a TwEECer which allows full control of spark and fuel tables
and much more.

If you use a wide band O2, why can't you just change the commanded pulse
widths in the ECU to handle WOT? Tune the MAF curve or MAP table.  Am I
missing something?

The hardware route you are proposing is a significant step, I've done it on
a sequential water injection system.  It has been a year and a half of hard
work learning all about the electronics and figuring out the circuits etc.
I let the Ford computer run the gasoline fuel injectors per normal but I
also take a signal off each injector line and take that to my secondary
injector controller where I use a delay (variable by dash controller) to
give a shorter water pulse width that ends the same time as the fuel pulse
width.  I run a second "fuel rail" to handle the water/methanol just like a
regular EFI system, using 14# injectors in each intake runner.

I still don't have a turbo mounted so I don't really get full benefit yet
(this was supposed to be a supporting project to the turbo install - I've
been 1.5 years on the secondary controller).  I tested the unit this fall on
the dyno, works fine.  I got a little side tracked and started experimenting
with methanol/nitro trying to up the Hp in NA form.  It snowed before I got
very far with nitro, will resume in March...

I'm currently re-designing the controller to make it more simple, gain some
better control etc.  Project on my web site www.myo-p.com  The redesign may
include the ability to achieve longer pulse widths than commanded by the
ECU, I haven't finalized that part yet.

I would tune your WOT with a WB and change the parameters on the chip if you
are able, much less work, trust me.

Have fun.

Dan Nicoson