[Diy_efi] Need help from the experts diagnosing lean state upon

ralph granchelli rgranchelli at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 14:49:43 GMT 2005

--===============62455720343149246==

--0-648325518-1108824441=:84397

Thanks Will,

Makes sense! I have been looking at waveforms @ www.picotech.com

So just look at the voltage pattern ?

And the spray pattern when running normal and when in the lean mode ?

TNX & RGds,

RG
AZ

WSCowell at aol.com wrote:
Hi RG,

Just a thought, the waveforms you will see with a current probe will be related to the current through the inductive windings of the injectors, right?  So unless there is actually something electrically wrong with an injector, surely you will get the same waveform whether the pintle lifts cleanly off the seat or not?  I'm not convinced you would see any sufficiently identifiable effect of a sticky or part-blocked injector.  No harm in checking of course, I'm just not sure it would be a good idea to rely upon what you see.

Regards

Will Cowell
G0OPL

--0-648325518-1108824441=:84397

<DIV>Thanks Will,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Makes sense! I have been looking at waveforms @ <A href="http://www.picotech.com">www.picotech.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So just look at the voltage pattern ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And the spray pattern when running normal and when in the lean mode ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TNX &amp; RGds,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>RG</DIV>
<DIV>AZ<BR><BR><B><I>WSCowell at aol.com</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=GENERATOR><FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
<DIV>Hi RG,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just a thought, the waveforms you will see with a current probe will be related to the current through the inductive windings of the injectors, right?&nbsp; So unless there is actually something electrically wrong with an injector, surely you will get the same waveform whether the pintle lifts cleanly off the seat or not?&nbsp; I'm not convinced you would see any sufficiently identifiable effect of a sticky or part-blocked injector.&nbsp; No harm in checking of course, I'm just not sure it would be a good idea to rely upon what you see.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Will Cowell</DIV>