[Diy_efi] 1227747 AE question

Bret Levandowski skishop69 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 07:03:56 GMT 2005

--===============31938467881573818==

--0-70871613-1108882865=:75024

At least I didn't adjust the wrong area then. I played with it on the way home from work today and got rid of a large portion of the hesitation.

J <TheGreatJ at charter.net> wrote:
The thing you have to watch out for here is that the MAP listed in the AE table isn't a direct reading....it's a differential reading.  I.E. if you're cruising along at 35kPa and punch the throttle, and the MAP reading goes to 80kPa, then you have a delta MAP of 45kPa.  The ECM then looks up the 45 entry in the MAP AE table and goes from there.  Keep your changes in the area where you have the problem, and go in small steps.  It's safer that way.

--0-70871613-1108882865=:75024

<DIV>At least I didn't adjust the wrong area then. I played with it on the way home from work today and got rid of a large portion of the hesitation.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>J &lt;TheGreatJ at charter.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The thing you have to watch out for here is that the MAP listed in the AE table isn't a direct reading....it's a differential reading.&nbsp; I.E. if you're cruising along at 35kPa and punch the throttle, and the MAP reading goes to 80kPa, then you have a delta MAP of 45kPa.&nbsp; The ECM then looks up the 45 entry in the MAP AE table and goes from there.&nbsp; Keep your changes in the area where you have the problem, and go in small steps.&nbsp; It's safer that way.</FONT></DIV>_______________________________________________<BR>diy_efi mailing list<BR>diy_efi at diy-efi.org<BR>http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Search presents - <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html">Jib Jab's 'Second Term'</a>
--0-70871613-1108882865=:75024--