[Diy_efi] Please trim your replys

Carter Shore clshore at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:18:46 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:01:11 Jim Butterfield wrote:

> Ive got to respectfully request we leave some of the
> prev messiage attached... this post from Will means
> nothing to me, Im sure there is some valid meaning,
> but without some original post its hard to remember
> what the last person said...

There are no formal rules of Netiquette, but most
folks post enough quoted content from the previous
post to 'stitch the thread'. If someone is interested
in detail, they can refer to all the previous
postings.
Yes, this takes a bit more time than just clicking the
reply button, but it's a small price to be
considerate.
Ever been in conversation where the other person
repeats everything that was just said each time they
spoke?

It's not just the wasted bandwidth of your computer
connection, it's the wasted bandwidth of your eyes and
brain having to wade through all the visual bull****.

Clarity in presentation is important. If you want
people to read and consider what you say, make it
clear and to the point.

Carter